Re: Meter Shunts ??

Original poster: Thomas DeGregorio <tommacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Oh I'm talking about voltages anywhere from zero volts to 350VDC. Then current anywhere from 0 to oh say about 500amps.
Then of course I would like to do primary measuring so then 15KVAC but that's a different story.

I just wanna to know if using resistors is an efficient way of dropping the current and voltage since it will be to high for the meter to handle. I have found a nice cheap 200 amp panel meter, I so can just use a resistor so it can handle more current and drop the voltage, then just recalculate that new ratio and then I know what the current is. Then do the same with a voltage panel meter though I will need to get one that reads like mVDC since I will need a big meaty resistor.