Re: power factor correction

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bobby,

PFC corrects for the inductive load the NST presents to the line. Without it, the current wont be in phase with the voltage and the line current draw will be higher than with the correction. PFC does not reduce the current into the NST, but only the draw from the line cord. If you aren't popping breakers, you can get away without it. Use 80-100uf for your 15KV 30ma tranny. Motor RUN caps are good for this.

Gerry R.

Original poster: Bobby Amaya <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain to me what "power factor
correction" is and how can I calculate the capacitance
I need for my 15kv 30mA NST( the name plate says it
consumes 3.8A 120V) and for my 12kv 30mA NST.
Thanks in advance :-)

Bobby,

=====