Yes, another Javatc update

Hi All,

Another update to let you know about. Curt Sibley found a functional problem with conical primary's using the auto-tune feature.

Auto-tune was changing inside turns (you could start out at 1" clearance pri to sec and end up with a 4" gap, etc.). I've corrected it so that it now maintains the inner diameter. This problem has been there all along. I guess because no one builds conical primary's except in rare cases, thus, it just wasn't caught.

Inverse cone primary's, which are far more common, were not affected by this change and were fine.

While I was at it:

1) Corrected unit in gap sections for (joules*sec mistake Gerry made me aware of) to joules*bps which is the power at the gap.

2) In the primary outputs, I identify when a primary frequency is detuned from the resonator and now indicate if the primary inductance is detuned high or low. For example, if the output displayed "5 % high", the primary inductance is tapped slightly more turns than needed for resonance causing the pri to sec frequency's to be 5 % detuned. The reason I refer to the primary inductance (vs. pri C), is because tapping the primary is the preferred tuning method. I personally run my coils about 5 % high on inductance as do some others which is why I calc this output.

Take care,
Bart

http://www.classictesla.com/