Re: Xmas eve story/was Merrie Xmas a christmas story

Original poster: mecortner@xxxxxxxxxx
That's a good thing to know! Has anyone ever
figured out a simple way to detect ozone
buildup in a room? I don't do anymore sparks
inside now a days but it would be nice to
have some sort of concentration metering
device or method.

>Yes, in higher concentrations it is.
>Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Nick,

Have you tried an epoxy type coating? They have
much less fumes than typical material. I think
the worst in terms of VOC's is glyptal, but it
insulates real well.
Yes I think many things we come in contact are
not exactly healthy for us, especially in this
hobby! But that said, if you live cleanly and
eat properly your system can deal with almost
anything. The real trick is to keep contaminants
off your skin, like transformer oil and the like.

---- Matt Cortner ----

>first of all, everything is carcinogenic, if you drink enough water
>you can get cancer from that too! (especially if it is tap water, but
>probably otherwise as well).
-snip-
>That said, I have coughed from too strong of paint fumes when coating
>a secondary and I can't imagine that being much better in terms of
>health risks.

NICK