Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> HI Terry and Bart and others,
>
> Im just curious.  Seems like the H field from the toroid is tangental
> to the plane wave antenna.  If so, it seems like eddy currents are
> not an issue. Terry, have you noticed a difference with the "fractal"
> version of you antenna vs the solid copper version??
>
> Gerry R,

Not sure what the H field direction would be at either the toroid or the
antenna.
The antenna is working in the near field of the coil that contains a
supposition of normal (probagating) EM waves such that most of the H fields
cancel leaving a large H field.
So its hard to say what direction the H filed is from simply knowing what
the E field is.
The whole near far field/impedance thing was discussed adnorsium in
connection the power transmission thing.

Its does not do much plane wave detecting so its misleading to call it a
plane wave antenna. I more accurate term would be a capacitive probe.
I agree it very unlikely that anything more than a sheet of copper is
required anymore so than the plates of a capacitor.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400