Re: Fw: Capacitor Help

Interesting.  A coil on the side hooked in series with the primary.
This is
purely for adjusting the frequency?  It has no affect on the magnetic field
produced to excite the secondary right?"

Correct. I've used a big transmitter roller coil (turned by long nylon cords attached to a pulley on the shaft) to "fine tune' the primary frequency of a small TC at it worked just great, even though the tuning wasn't very sharp and I got equally good results by just apping turns on the primary. Effective coupling coefficient will be lowered of course.

Ed