Re: Capacitor Help

Hi Malcolm,

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If I understand how this all works my primary's frequency is to high.  I can
either remove windings off the of the secondary to increase its frequency,
or add another string of capacitors to the primary to lower its frequency.
Does that sound right?

Those things will tune you in the right direction if your primary is indeed too high in frequency. The primary capacitance has been chosen for the NST size and I personally would not change that. You can lower the primary frequency by adding more turns, or raise the secondary frequency by making the topload smaller. Your secondary coil has already been wound with the recommended H/D ratio and number of turns so I would probably not change that. Your top load does look a little big for a 15KV 30ma source. Try increasing the number of turns in the primary first. You may be pleasently surprised.

Gerry R