RE: Build own capacators

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

These are variable capacitors used for tuning transmitters.

Quick heads up:
pF = Pico Farads
nF = Nano Farads
one nF = 1,000pF

Look at the specs for the units -- the unit at the top left of the
screen is adjustable from 10 to 310 pF, is rated for 3kV and measures
200mm * 75mm * 95mm.

You are talking about a unit that is eight inches by three inches by
3.70 inches that has a maximum capacitance of 310pF.

The standard MMC capacitor has a capacitance of 150nF which translates
into 150,000pF

You would need 483.8 of these variable capacitors to create __one__
MMC...