Re: Lead Free (was Re: CD MMC caps from DigiKey...)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lead toxicity these days is seen in petrol sniffers and children who eat paint but is rarely a problem nowadays outside of an industrial setting. Mercury is another real "toxic" element (origin of the "Mad as a Hatter" saying) but many of us have mercury amalgams in dental fillings all our life.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com/

...... I have no idea about the real toxic threat from the use of lead as we see it now but suspect the subject has been greatly exaggerated. People worry about obscure sources of toxicity as they suck on their cigarettes and swig their booze! .....
Ed