Re: Lead Free (was Re: CD MMC caps from DigiKey...)

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've been using the 96/4 lead free solder from Radio Shack (see link below) for 6 years now, almost exclusively. So long as a decent soldering iron is used, I've never had any difficulties. In fact, I'd say that I solder *better* with it than good ole 60/40. :o But I've been told on many occasions that I'm "odd" :)

This stuff (sorry for the wrapped link):
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062723&cp=2032058.2032236.2032313&allCount=53&fbn=Type%2FLead+Free&f=PAD%2FProduct+Type%2FLead+Free&fbc=1&parentPage=family

It's definately a bit expensive for a big-time hobbyist, but that bit there is *ample* for a medium-sized TC. But it seems to be a stock item at every store I've been to, so the convenience factor is high.

Cheers!

Mark Broker