Re: Capacitor Help

Malcolm: Dr res. suggestion that you start with a scrap wire primary is a
valid point. I hope 25 ft of tubing is long enough. I have had coils that
required only 2 turns , but it is common to nead over 50 ft. That depende on
the size of your capacitor and your resonant frequency. The lower the
frequency the larger the coil and capacitor.
    Robert   H"

#10 bare copper wire is a lot cheaper than tubing and 100 feet will make a pretty big primary. One can always start with that, find the right inductance, and then build with tubing. Of course, if the wire doesn't get very hot there's no need to take the next step except for appearance and pride of workmanship.

Ed