Re: ScopingSSTC

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:07 PM

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Some little hand held
> scopes are battery run and fully isolated too and cost less than a
> good dif probe!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007ZPNH8/ref=nosim/104-6863387-9336701?n=228013

Wow that's very cool.  I've been wanting a scope for a long time and have
been looking at used ones on Ebay and they still cost a lot more than that
hand held unit above.  I only tinker with electronics and stuff as a hobby
so I don't know a lot about it but does anyone here know if those little
hand held units are any good?
I mostly just want to check outputs, wave forms of various little hobby
circuits I build and also another application is checking frequency /
waveform of tachometers on cars.  I'm into engine swaps and often need to
build little adapter circuits so the factory tach works with the new engine.
Of course I'd love to use it on my new tesla coil I'm building too.  How
high a voltage can a scope work with?

Thanks guys, and I hope I didn't throw your thread off course.
Malcolm - KC