Re: super cheap capacitance/inductance Tesla coil metering

Hi,

At 12:36 PM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Dmitry,

> The current to the streamer tends to be made of high frequencies
> along with the streamer's fundamental frequency current.  So you need
> to measure with a high bandwidth like 2Mhz to "see" much.

how much frequency deviation shall i use to transmit such signal
undistorted?

About 4X the fundamental frequency for air streamers for the basic signals. There is some stuff up to about 25MHz. Here are scope pictures of Greg's big Electrum coil:

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/techdata/waveforms.htm

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/index.htm

Note how Greg solved the HV isolation problem to run the scope ;-)))

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/testing/pages/electrumeric.html

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/testing/index.html

-----
I have never heard of a coiler blowing up a pole pig!  A pole pig can
easily blow up a coiler, however.  You could also be hit by a bus though.
27-08-96 (c) Richard Hull, TCBOR

Kevin Eldridge blew a pig right off the pole once with his Bigg coil ;-))

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/biggg/

The power company happily replaced it right away and said they were sorry it failed ;-)))

Cheers,

Terry