Dr. Spark's 48Kwatt DRSSTC with new SCR's

Original poster: "Hooper, Christopher AZ" <christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

Good day great Coilers,

Just a FYI that this Tesla list works so well as have a little story to
share with you all. A few weeks ago, I was stumped on how I was going to
control a 200 amp 240 volt DRSSTC with no variac and wanted the super
coil to be able to break down and bring to Thons without a crew of 10
and big truck, so wanted to design a total Solid Coil all the way up the
control panel and listed my issue to the group and it was suggested to
me to use a SCR, wow, I forgot about these since the old days in 1974 in
Physics. The next weekend was the Ham Fest and I was walking down a row
and guess what I found, three SCR controls
http://users.cableaz.com/~chooper/images/new%20drivers.jpg  (biggggggg
ones) and all for $25 with 8 extra SCR's (new). I took all three and ran
to my truck; these had all components all the way down to the power
supply, fuses, EMI blocks, etc! The story ends with happy note indeed.
Thank so much for helping me on the new big project! Keep sharing with
me! You all are great helpers indeed! Hope to see you all at the Winter
thon!

Thanks again,
Christopher robin