RE: Preliminary Spark pics from the Green Monster up tonight!

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Great pictures David, and living in a subdivision I am sure your
neighbors loved the light show. Along those lines we just went through a
problem with our local cell phone tower , one side of the triangle would
not work right. I have recently put up a 1/4 wave 7mhz vertical antenna
(33ft tall) on the top of my metal building, I was questioned if that
could be the cause of the local cell phone problem. I am sure picture
0048 could cause all sorts of gremlins in the eyes of the unknowing.

	Rich

Subject: Preliminary Spark pics from the Green Monster up tonight!

Hi all,

Well, thanks to some well needed rain and the resultant
clouds and cooler temps, we enjoyed our first sub-90
degree day hear in Memphis in over a month. So tonight
was an excellent time to finally set up to get some spark
pictures from my 15 kVA pole pig fired Green Monster coil.
I got out the Canon A80 Powershot digicam tonight,
set up the coil and with the help of fellow list member
and local HV enthusiast Carl Litton, we got some pretty
decent spark shots in my webpage directory. Thanks al-
so to Gerry Reynolds and Steve Ward for "setting me
straight" on the art of shooting some half presentable
spark pics :^) We haven't had time to really work the
webpage yet or to label the spark photos yet as we just
got through shooting within the last hour or so but you can
see some pretty awesome sparks that look to be in the
10 to 12 ft range ;^)) (the top of the 12 x 56 toroid is about 93"
above ground level so that should give an idea of the scale of
the spark length.) Check it out at:

<http://dawntreader.net/hvgroup/david>http://dawntreader.net/hvgroup/dav
id

I apologize for some "jitter" in a few of the photos as I
and my 14 year old son are a little new at this photography
thing and may have shook or bumped the camera during the
2 seconds that the manual shutter open button was held
down.  Check back in the next few days for a more complete
webpage setup and labelling. BTW, I haven't tried setting up
the grounded strike rod to maximize the grounded strike
lengths yet. Maybe we can try that at the next firing ;^)))

Enjoy,
David