Re: 813 VTTC Lives!

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

I created a better staccato circuit which uses a zero crossing
triggering.  I sent this design to Steve Ward and he has it posted at
his website.
The circuit at my website shows the older circuit which does
not have the zero crossing feature.  The zero-crossing design
is much more stable and easy to set up.  I don't recommend
using the older design.  My original design from 1992 or so
used TTL IC's.  This worked OK for up to a 26" spark or so,
but never-the-less I don't recommend using this circuit either.

The staccato boards sold by Dan McCauley also contain
the zero-crossing feature and work well.  Dan's boards
also give some extra capabilities for producing various pulse
trains.

I'm not sure which circuit you're using but I figured I'd
mention the above.  Usually the triggering is pretty stable
with the zero-crossing designs.

John