Re: Permanent magnet Tesla coil

"Hi Ed,
             Different Mike here. Those large power supplies are
indeed still out there, both the Tube machines (which we still
rebuild and re-sell) as well as the high frequency motor-generators.
It was not all that long ago that we set up a work station in a roll
around cabinet that contained the output transformer, tuning caps and
fittings for the induction coil to be connected to. Welding cable ~80
feet long was the power tether back to the 150 HP motor-driven 10,000
Hz generator. They are also known as MG sets. Some are 3 KC, 10 KC
and higher. Real work horses; Loud but effective. Come to think of
it, we have a 400 or 800 Hz 10 kW MG here someplace, uses to be a
small smelter.
Mike"

	Are those HF rotating machines still being manufactured?  If so, by
whom?  I've never run across one in myu 50+ years of engineering, but
haven't been involved in heavy industry.  In the case of the MG sets
driven from 60 Hz, what's the relative size of the motor and the
generator?

Ed