Re: Toroid building

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jim:

"Ez to do but tedious" - was meant as encouragment.

My recomendation would be to cut your cloth on the bias so you dont
get bunching, or use narrow cloth and mummy wrap.

I can see some advantage to a "hot mix for your resin" The viscocity
drops when the resin gets heated from the exothermic reaction. The
reduced viscocity makes the cloth saturate easily.

The only catch is you gotta move real fast with a hot mix. For a
beginer I would recomend using a min amount of catalyst and be
patient. Do a section at a time.

Air sanders are real nice. If you can borrow one, your arms and hands
will be both be thankfull. (I love my Dynabrade, light, compact,
smooth throttle)

Body fillers are not all the same, the stuff with choped glass is
plenty strong, but what a pain to sand and getting a thin spread with
it is nearly impossible.