Re: Looking for Voltage Control Switch Ideas

We use a 22 mm Joystick made by Centsable --- Automation Direct. It has a 3 position switch (momentary return) with center off and works great. A nice black boot makes it look sharp. We also use their standard 22 mm industrial switches and matching indicator lamps (24 VAC control loop) for our controls. See it work at our Teslathon next week!!

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm in the process of making a controller for my big
coil:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil09.jpg

I'm more or less building this:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/schematic.pdf

I have two 1256's with a motor drive:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/variac01.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/variac02.jpg

The motor drive can be driven by a spdt switch or
pulse driven. The drive speed is adjustable by a pot.
I'm planning on using a spdt switch. I'd like to have
a fairly large switch that is spring loaded so I can
push it forward to increase voltage and backward to
decrease it, with a spring returning to center. I need
some ideas for a cool looking switch. some thoughts
were a Hurst shifter, a boat throttle, or maybe a
computer joystick. Does anyone have any better ideas?
I can always rig up several limit switches to a
non-switch device, such as a car shifter, but I'd
prefer something that is already a switch. I've looked
around for industrial switches like this, but haven't
found anything.

thanks
Adam