Oil Submersion

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

Is there a rule of thumb or can you provide a recommendation of how large a
container I should use to submerse an inductor for cooling purposes? Would a
couple inches of oil on every side be okay?

I'm probably going to have to construct a container myself due to my size
constraints. I was thinking of using a thick aluminum base and cover with
3/8" or 1/2" plexiglas for the sides. I also thought about a Rubbermaid
container maybe trimmed down to fit. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Cameron