For Tesla World Wireless System fans

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I found this remarkable account of a visit to the old
US Navy VLF transmitting station at Annapolis. It
seems to me much the same as what Tesla's wireless
system would have looked like, if he ever managed to
make it work.

You might notice the sheer size of the antenna, the
great number of toroids, corona rings and HV bushings
everywhere, and the efficiency they claim- 30kW of
radiated RF power for 1MW of electrical input. They
never bothered installing heating in the transmitter
building :^)

http://www.j-hawkins.com/nss.shtml

Steve Conner