Re:Slo-syn motor confusion

Original poster: "Robert Hanford" <pomnept@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul. Not exactly a circuit board, just a high wattage 400 ohm resistor,
and 3uf capacitor. Yes there are SS relays. I opened the original slo-syn
motor and a winding is burned. What puzzles me is that my replacement motor
is twice the length. I am wondering if they ever made them with the R/C
circuit in the motor itself as it seems to run well at low voltage (I am
afraid to crank it up to 115 yet) without a capacitor and resistor. Any
ideas? Internet research is going slow because I can mostly get modern info only .