Re: Three Frequencies On An Inductor

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

For our latest experiment we wanted to determine if it was possible to
have 50,000 Hz, 100,000 Hz and 200,000 Hz standing wave partitions
along the length of an inductor. (yes it is possible!)

We used the energy equations of rope resonance to design this system.
The system is directly analogous to having two coupled parallel ropes
of constant linear density whose tension in each segment between nodes
is a multiple :1x, 2x, and 4x

We drive only the center 100,000 Hz  half wave section with a tank
circuit at 100,000 Hz and count on the impedance being zero at the
current nodes to join the inductor sectors which are multiples of a
single frequency.

(it all works much like pushing a swing every other time that it comes
back at you!)

The 50,000 Hz section represents 4/9ths the length of the inductor.
The top end For this experiment our objective was to determine if it
was possible to have (approx.) capacitance is very large comparatively
speaking (roughly 50 inch circumference).

The 100,000 Hz section also represents 4/9ths the length of the
inductor, but it is a half wave, and has current nodes on both ends
and a voltage node in the center. The capacitor for this section is
located 6/9ths the length of the inductor from the low frequency end.

The 200,000 Hz section represents 1/9th the length of the inductor.
The Medhurst capacitance ate up most of the required capacitance for
this section, so the top end capacitor was about the size of a ping
pong ball.

Our primary was located 4/9ths the length of the inductor from the low
frequency end and was tuned for 100,000 Hz

(Our inductors measure 6.62 O.D. X 10ft and have nearly 10 lb of 26
gauge wire each)

Our scope showed that the top end capacitors were indeed responding to
the indicated frequencies. As we went from capacitor to capacitor you
could see the overbearing dominance of the target frequency.

We will be putting together a site on the Tesla Web Ring to give
further details. We will also see about borrowing some test equipment
as our scope is pitifully inadequate.

If anyone is interested in duplicating this experiment before we get
around to making a web site, just let us know.

We are inviting questions not comments.

Jared Dwarshuis, Larry Morris