Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Hi Steve,

The toroid seems way too small for the size of the secondary. This makes me suspicious.

Gerry R.

Hi Dmitry,

> p.s.
> ever and forever, absolutely best performer, supa dupa mega giga coil:
> http://www.ttr.com/model9_page2.htm
> "Longest arc length is 17 feet with 5 Kva A.C. input."
> Freau number is 2.885!!!
> 1981 - whoa! so you`re all here nothing more than just a losers!
> LOL :-)))

That coil is intriguing (ive looked at it many times).  They dont
really give much information about it at all which makes me a skeptic
(call me a sore loser if you must, i cant deny being envious of the
efficiency of that coil if it really does make 17' sparks at 5kva
input).  I cant help but think that the input power was from a 5kVA
pole pig, but not necessarily measured at 5kVA input (pole pigs easily
tolerate 2X their ratings for shorter periods).  The only people who
can say for sure are those who built it and ran the coil, and as far
as i know, none of them are on the list.

Steve W