From: tesla-2-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-2-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bert Hickman
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 5:14 PM
To: Tesla-2 coil builders list
Subject: Re: [Tesla-2] Teslathon
ERIC KNOBLOCH wrote:
 > Hello all, is there some sort of Teslathon held in the state of
 > Wisconsin and what time of year does it take place?

Hi Eric and all,
Following is some information that Dr. Resonance sent to the Pupman
Tesla Coil Builders List re: the upcoming Teslathon. The first posting
was in mid April, and the second one was in mid-June:
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
This year, the Midwest "Cheesehead" Teslathon will be held on Sat.,
Sept. 3rd.  This is the first Sat in Sept and a week prior to the Labor
Day weekend.  Last year a number of TC builders were unable to attend
due to plans the "better half" had made for the Labor Day weekend.
We will have the Big Bruiser running at 20 kVA and also a 1 million Volt
Van de Graaff generator for some direct current excitement.  (T. Edison
would be proud).
Hope to see many of your from the Tesla List at the Thon.  I promise,
"latsa' food goodies" will be on tap.  Those of you from last year might
remember the great apple and lemon homemade pies???
Dr. Resonance
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
Terry F:  You might want to post this as an archived photo and advise
the Tesla List.
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Mr_Electricico.jpg
Suit will fit any medium build or short person.  He will visit this
forthcoming Cheesehead Teslathon '05.  Standing atop a 7 ft tall
platform with 7 ft. dia. glass top and connected to a large coil
producing 16 ft. sparks running at 240 VAC 70 Amps and 12 x 48 inch
toroid --- 0.2 uF on primary.  3450 rpm 1 HP motor delivers 545 bks/sec.
on 17 inch dia. rotor.
Sort of like "burning man" only we hope he doesn't catch on fire!!!  At
least not while Bert H or Terry B are in the suit.
Hope this will make a great Teslathon for the photographers in the group.
DC
Dr. Resonance
==
I'll pass along any more information that I receive.
Best regards,
Bert