Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Malcolm.
at first - thanks for so extensive reply, some more below :-)

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  > i`m now finishing 95 year - reading goes slowly, but it goes %-) one
>  > coiler run 8kw and get only miserable 73" - it`s _very_ funny to read
>  > :-) i`m going to shoot myself right in my face if my 2kw mot coil will
>  > not outperform this 10-years-old pole pig powered dinosaur :-)))
>
>  I suggest that you would be wise to wait until you build
> your first coil before laughing at the efforts of others ;)

i think the problem is not here - majority of ordinary coilers still don`t
know what does they measure and how - now i`m speaking about measuring of
coil`s power consumption.

>  > you`re coiling more than
>  > 10 years - haven`t you seen something similar in your coils? and what
>  > - after 5-10 years this effect is still a mystery for all? :-)
>
> Is it? Coiling is about more than basic electrical theory and
> resonant circyuit behaviour as you should have gathered by now. The
> peculiar mixture of gases we call air and its ionization
> characteristics are as much a part of sparking Tesla Coils as any
> other component.

so what`s the problem? basic electrical theory allows you to make necessary
calculations to obtaim desired voltage & power. wanna get certain spark -
learn the theory of spark discharge in gases, isn`t it?

> The highest power I ran at was about 1800W. That was more which
> than enough to enable me to witness and measure the phenomena occur.

how did you measure the power? if these results are in archives - in what
year approximately?

-----
I have run coils up to 20KW in residential neighborhoods.  I have
received death threats and have had the police, fire, and department of
water and power all show up at the same time. Screw 'em all. Keep firin'.
(c) Mark Barton  29-09-95