Re: Reprint of Wm. Gilbert's book

"   Is this a facsimile edition and is it in Latin or old English?
Seems
as if a copy should be in every library.

Ed

Hi Ed, I will let you know for sure as soon as mine arrives. It may be some of both. I know some editions contain translations done ca 1900 by Sylvanus Thompson, one of Feynman's favorite authors.

Matt D."

	Please do.  Sylvanus Thompson was a very prominent guy around the turn
of the 20th century and I have a copy of an early edition of his
"Electricity and Magnetism" in my bookcase.  Excellent book and more
useful as a fundamental reference than some of the more recent books I
have.  Wasn't aware that Feynman had occasion to have known of him.

Ed