Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Malcolm.

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  >  >  > Isec (pk) = 61A, with full primary voltage at 38kHz
>  >  >  > Total tower height - 38' 8"

>  > we speak about Isec peak, i.e. energy is already transferred into
>  > secondary - gap losses are already in the past.

>  >  > Of course secondary Q is not infinite either. Then there is the
>  >  ground.
>  >
>  > are you tryin to say, that in quarter of period system lose 90 joules
>  > - 37% of its start (at the beginning of the period) energy? and what
>  > about full period then? %)

> I don't know how you calculated how much energy was going to make it
> to the secondary on first transfer without knowing what the losses
> are.

why are you interested in losses, that _have already took place_ at
transfer? you have a Isec (pk) value, and this value determines energy
in secondary, having already took these losses into account.
2E = Ls * (Isec (pk))^2
after quarter of period it transforms into 1.9 MV - without losses;
with them - a little bit less, but not 1.5 MV, coz this (as it was
mentioned above) mean unreal losses.

-----
I have run coils up to 20KW in residential neighborhoods.  I have
received death threats and have had the police, fire, and department of
water and power all show up at the same time. Screw 'em all. Keep firin'.
(c) Mark Barton  29-09-95