Re: 2nd light of the "Green Monster"

Original poster: Rob Maas <robm@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Just wanted share the experience of firing off the
"Green Monster" (so named because of the 1260
turns of #19 AWG green enamel magnet wire
wound on the 12x49 secondary coil).

front door :^0  I didn't really get a chance to properly measure
the spark length but the 12x56 toroid tophat stands a
good 7 1/2 ft above the ground and I was getting multiple
ground strikes that reached out a considerable distance
from the coil base before striking the ground. I would have
to estimate in the 10 to 12 or 13 ft range!

Hello David,

It seems your magnifier is definitely working; congratulations!
Could you provide some data of your coil, like L1-3, C1-3 (or
some dimensions of the various parts) and, in Antonio's nomenclature,
what mode (k:l:m) are you aiming at?

best regards,   Rob Maas