Re: Tesla Coils & Ball Lightning

"   "During the summer of 1937 several technical observers on duty at
500
    5th Ave, during the Empire State Building lightning program, saw
what
    might be interpreted as ball lightning, not once but four times.
One
    of the engineers, now the chief technical executive of a large power
    company, saw a bluish luminescence slowly descend the 38-foot tower
of
    the Empire State Building after four of the ten or eleven strokes
that
    hit the tower that evening.  Fearing that his colleagues would
regard
    him as a lightning-ball "quack", he was hesitant to speak about what
    he had seen, but decided to mention it anyway.  Suprisingly several
of
    the others admitted seeing the same things.  These observations were
    omitted from the technical reports since they did not appear on the
    recording cameras nor on the oscillograph records."  THE LIGHTNING
    BOOK, P. Viemeister"

	How reliable is Viemeister?  I find it hard to think that any of the
engineers I know could keep something like that to himself!!!!!  We like
to talk about unusual stuff.  If there IS such a thing as ball lightning
I'd like to see it under safe circumstances.

Ed