Re: Tesla Coils & Ball Lightning

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> >Many respectable people have witnessed ball lightning. These > >witnesses have observed it doing seemingly impossible things like > >passing through a glass window. > > I suspect there is some undiscovered physics going on with BL. > Classic E/M theory cannot explain it. We should be bold enough to > look into the "fringes" 'cause that's where the new breakthroughs > will be found.

 "The farther the experiment is from theory, the closer it is to the Nobel
  Prize."  - Joliet-Curie

And here's another one that could pertain to BL:

 "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which
  cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is
  contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer, British philosopher

...it's not a matter of belief or disbelief, instead it's a matter of
contempt, of sneering hostility.