Re: Safe distance for photographing operating tesla coils with digital cameras?

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I've been wondering, what's the red glow at the base of the coil? safety led's?
>
> Mike

The red ones are just power indicators (its good to know that the electronics have power before i start sending a few hundred volts on the bridge). There is another LED for the current limiter, though i dont think you can see it in any of the pics (set too high to limit there).

Steve