Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: father dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

>  > oh boys - you just playing toys ;-)

> HAH! I almost take offense to that :-)... i could be making 20 foot > streamers if i had the space, but im limited to 10-12 feet, and i only > have a 20A service

you are limited at 20 a - so what? this is one more reason to say you are playing toys ;-) 20 a - it is your problem, not mine, coz in our country any person can draw up to 50 a. and for symbolic sum of money i can legally have a 3-phase line in my flat :-P active power factor corrector for 10+ kw - it`s really not a toy already - do you have one? ;-)

I *deeply* envy the power distribution system in Europe. The logical 'power of two' breaker tree system, the availability of three-phase in houses [3-ph vacuum cleaners are common] and the rational use of nuclear power [France is ~80% nuclear, yet implements only 2 different N-plant designs... Large and Small]

We like to think of ourselves as technically advanced here in the US, yet we still have to rent generators in most residential areas to carry out any meaningful power systems development.

-GL