Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Steve, Antonio, Gerry, Jim - toroid breakdown voltage :-)

it seems that just nobody had read Antonio`s post:

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2005/Jul/msg00628.html

"The toroids above have all 2 meters of major diameter. Divide the values by
the toroid major radius in meters to scale for other sizes."

it`s nonsense - we have to divide only _one_ value, but 2 others shold be
_multiplied_.

i`ve multiplied, but haven`t kept the ratio D:d, coz it wasn`t mentioned in
the post, and how could such beginners as me know that?
so yes - 24" x  8" is 575 kV.

-----
I am skeptical about space aliens too, but space aliens have a greater
probability of existence in my opinion than extra garage space...
(c) Richard Quick  6-07-95 03:59