RE: New photographic technique - Tesla Coil Arcs

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Actually, this technique is not based on averaging or other similar
noise reduction
methods.  The method does the following:

The algorithm looks at the color information in each channel and selects
either a base or blend color, whichever
is lighter, as the result color.  So pixels that are darker than the
blend color are replaced with the new image pixel
values, and pixels lighter than the blend color do not change.

Dan