RE: Who all has built OLTCs?

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Part of delay is getting
>my test and assembly "infrastructure" ready

That's easy, I just clear the dishes off the kitchen table ;-) Terry uses
the floor in his spare room by the looks of it.

>I got my semi-auto coil winding machine finally completed >and debugged

Gah! I could do with one of those. I tried winding my DRSSTC secondary by
hand and it was a disaster!

Straight after winding- looks nice
http://scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/nicewinding.jpg

The next morning- a mess due to differential expansion of the copper wire
and HDPE former (or something)
http://scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/wonkywinding.jpg

I'm going to rewind it and varnish immediately after winding this time.

Anyway, whether you decide to build a DRSSTC, an OLTC or even some new kind of XYZSSTC we've never heard of, I wish you the very best of luck!

Steve Conner