Re: Wendover Coil Vs USAF lightning TesT?

"Ed,
    I'll agree that it's a 'comic book'.. I haven't been
very impressed with it, and I hardly read it. What caught
my eye was the volumetric display article featured on the
cover. Interesting idea, but the article was rather dry. I
also enjoyed the one about B Reactor (the photography was
excellent).

    We have a Ti-Sapphire laser here in the lab, but at the
moment, we don't have a laser head with enough power to
pump it properly. It used to be driven with the Argon
laser, but the tube's so old (and the optics are scratched
a bit) that the output barely gets to 4 watts. The
Ti-Sapphire laser needs at least 5. If I can find a source
with enough power, I'd like to give some triggered gaps a
try. We may possibly be getting a lasr capable of
fempto-second pulses at up to 1 Joule optical output, so
that might also be something to try.

If I had terawatts at my disposal, I'd be doing more than
just a simple triggered gap.. ;)

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen"

	Can't get an argument out of me on any of that.  If you ever get to do
some experiments we'd all be interested in hearing the results,
particularly if you could point the beam at the terminal of a TC and
pulse it in synchronism with the discharge.

Ed