This Hobby's Expensive - Was - Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Controller Experiment

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

All hobbies can be expensive. They can also be cheap,
if you've got the time and patience to do some
scrounging. No, you're probably not gonna get a fancy
digital storage scope in a HamFest for $25, but you
may find an old fashioned analog scope for that.
Besides HamFests, there are free microwave ovens along
the side of many roads, older TV's have flybacks, 17"
and larger computer monitors are being thrown away (or
sold for nearly nothing) everywhere, now that folks
want flat panels. Don't be afraid to do some dumpster
diving. Heck, I found a 14.4 kV 25 kVA pig for FREE! I
got a LincolnArc 225 arc welder at a garage sale
pretty cheap. I believe Greg Hunter got an arc welder
for free by placing an ad in his local paper asking
for non-working welders. eBay is great, but you gotta
read the ads carefully and check the seller's ratings.
For tools, garage sales are great. If quality and/or
precision aren't that critical, there's always Harbor
Freight.

Good luck
Adam