Re: Winding

Original poster: Kurt Schraner <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Gerald Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Now here's one for the books. I put a crank on my form and put my wife to work :-)) She would turn the crank and I would feed the wire. I would have her turn not to fast and if I screwed up she would stop and then I would slowly backup. Easy to coordinate and coil (8x36) turned out great. Took 3 hours to wind the total coil and a week to coat it 6 or 7 times. (thanks wiffy)
Gerry R.

Well, that's exactly the same way, I'm winding my coils! A picture is worth, more than 1000 words:

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/WindingUBTT.jpg

It shows the winding process of the last of the 4 coils (5", 1680 turns each), for 2 of my Uni-Bern-Tesla-Twins, during hot August 2003. Winding one coil took about 1.5 hours, and my wife Margaret was the best, cooperative "intelligent motor" to do that job, you can think of. It has also markedly softened her attitude towards my HV stuff, which she is jokingly calling "your catastrophe" ;-).

Kurt