Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Controller Experiment

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Terry,
> I know this is going to sound weird but this is somewhat depressing to me.
> It is as if you have taken "the magic" out of Tesla Coils. One of the
> biggest attractions of building a coil, for me at least, was the mystique
> and the slightly outside the norm quality.

Couldnt have said it better, but there always seems to be something
"new" to learn, the only problem is that some of it becomes mundane
theory that isn't so attention grabbing.

Its funny, now that i got all of my DRSSTCs running at 100%
reliability (as far as i can tell) im finding myself bored and having
less motivation towards that project.  They are also loud and noisy,
so i try not to run them too much which also makes me lose interest
from time to time.  I still love seeing them run though, that will
*never* get old ;-).

I cant wait to see what results Conner gets for his streamer
impedance.  You simply cant do a really good simulation without
knowing that bit of information!

Im still looking forward to see how big the sparks will get with
Terry's system using those "little" IGBTs.

Steve Ward