Re: Winding

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Now here's one for the books. I put a crank on my form and put my wife to work :-)) She would turn the crank and I would feed the wire. I would have her turn not to fast and if I screwed up she would stop and then I would slowly backup. Easy to coordinate and coil (8x36) turned out great. Took 3 hours to wind the total coil and a week to coat it 6 or 7 times. (thanks wiffy)

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How big?

Up to around 2 feet long, you can wind it in an evening by hand without too
much trouble.

Getting bigger, it's worth figuring out how to motorize things.
I did one on a lathe (it was a horrible experience... too much inertia)
I did another with someone else pushing the trigger on the electric drill.
(worked well, but had to coordinate)
I did another with a foot switch (on-off) on a drill and a jury rigged set
of clamps (worked fairly well...)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 7:10 PM Subject: Winding