Re: Kits

Original poster: Karl Lindheimer <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Roy,

It's great that you are pursuing your education in a manner you feel comfortable with. I graduated high school, and worked in the wireless cable (before satellite,) and then cable industry for twenty years before returning to school to earn (in this order) an associate degree in computer science, a bachelor degree in liberal arts (my favorite) and finally a masters and doctorate in EE.

Nicola Tesla was a very interesting person, and if you can separate the hype from the facts, that is even better. My very first Tesla coil was powered from a 7.5 kV 20 mA. NST I found attached to a neon sign someone abandoned in the college parking lot. If your NST is rather small, you can still make a rather impressive (and practical) coil
similar to these: http://laushaus.com/tesla/minicoilcontest/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will find detailed specs on several NST powered coils. If your NST is higher powered, check the pupman archives as well as the many Telsa coil sites on the web. You will be surprised at how much information there is out there. I believe that Dr. Resonance also has plans available for a reliable and easy to construct coil. Contact him at: <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Best Regards (and happy coiling)

Karl