Re: Spark gap metals

Hi Steve,

It depends on how much power one puts through the gap. Most of us with smaller NST coils can get away with copper pipe just fine. But if you pump say 5000W though them (500mA) then the copper tends to just burn up. Tungsten gaps can also run a very long time without gap wear so many people just like it since it last so long without worry. You can also run small gaps very hot with it which is sometimes nice.

Cheers,

        Terry