Re: ASRSG question

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

David,

Do you have a safety gap across the rotary gap? If not, you should add one. I had a 60 hz resonance problem with my 5 kva transformer and the welder being used for ballast at one time. It blew one of my commercial caps. The primary tank voltage was going to some extremely high level. I added a safety gap directly across the cap just for a test and it fired like a rifle. I then moved it to across the rotary gap and it was still firing. I removed the welder and used a large variac core for ballast and now the safety gaps never fire.

Ed Sonderman