Re: Cap orientation

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 6 Apr 2005, at 21:45, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Are you shure? because we used an o-scope and a funtion generator set
> to the 100 range. I guess well have to double check. 833Hz may indeed
> simply be one of the nodes. Thanks.

Steven, I am hazarding a guess based on what I've read that your
secondary might be resonating at 833Hz because you have built a
multilayer winding on it. Correct? If so, you have just wound a
lemon. You can prove it to yourself in operation. Capacitors have no
minimum voltage requirements - they simply are.

Malcolm