From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: tungsten carbide magnetic?
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:49:22 -0600

Scot,

Yep, as a matter of fact is was (2) 5 lb., hockey puck shaped
and sized N48 neodymium-iron-boron magnets that were stuck
together as one 10 lb. magnet that I was sticking them to ;^)
Don't ask about why they were stuck together :^O Anyway,
since they are stuck together now, I decided to use them as
a single magnet since they cannot be seperated, barring a
good charge of dynamite! The drilling blanks would stick to
the magnet(s) but not anything like an equivalent sized piece of
steel. And the drilling blanke do NOT transfer the magnetism
from one end to the other like ferromagnetic metal does,
even with the monster NdFeB magnet. In other words, you
can't make a "chain" by sticking another drilling blank to the
one that's stuck to the magnet. This material transfers virtually
no magnetism.

David