Re: Golka Photos

Hi,

At 07:03 PM 4/4/2005, you wrote:
All,
In the new photos Mike posted, the picture labeled "Inside Building View Coil At Climax Mine Leadville Co.jpg" appears to show the coil built on top of a raised floor, maybe as much as 2 feet off the ground. Someone had mentioned that the coil may have suffered from some parasitic losses due to being on the ground.
Paul Brodie
Think Positive

2 feet my seem like a lot to "us", but for a 51 foot diameter primary that is real close. If you scale 51 feet to two feet, then 2 feet becomes 1/2 inch off the ground!! I think Tesla's original coil was on a sandstone ledge that might have been a darn good insulating platform. Very possible wet ground in LeadVille sucking up the primary power was the cause of the poor performance reported.

BTW - I see Bob even made the tower!!!

http://www.hot-streamer.com/mike2004/150_Feet_Tower_At_Climax_Mine_Leadville_CO.jpg

Cheers,

        Terry