Re: Coiling almanac

At 04:47 PM 4/4/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Capital idea!
Let's put stuff in Laymen's terms though. Like maybe explain what Medhurst C is and stuff. Because I have no idea. But that is an absolutely brilliant idea and you could make alot of money! You could use that money to build a giant, 200' tall Tesla Coil. Then you could make more money off of that by making folks pay money to see it. But I don't think you're that ambitius.
I for one would buy the Almanac. (Unless it's >$60) :)

                               Steven Steele
P.S. If you do build a 200' TC, send us all free tickets. :)

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 2:53 PM
Subject: Coiling almanac

Not to rain on your parade Steven, but...

A 200 ft high TC would be a pretty expensive proposition (take a look at http://www.lod.org/ for Greg Leyh's ALF).. many hundreds of kilobucks, I'd guess.

Typical royalties on printed books are down in the dollar per copy range (even for self published.. after you take out the printing, shipping, etc. costs). While there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of TC folk out there, there's probably not millions.