Re: Spark gap

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/4/05 11:02:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I also have a shop vac that I can use to suck air through the spark gap.
The shop vac doesn't move nearly as much air as the leaf blower. I am using
a 15kV 30mA NST. Is this spark gap overkill in the first place or does this
sound like a go

Paul,  considering that it's a small NST, you may not need any
quenching air blast at all, but if you do, the shop vac should give
plenty of air, possibly too much.  A muffin fan may be enough.
Too much air may possibly kill the operation completely.

cheers,
John Freau