Re: Golka Photos

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 4 Apr 2005, at 8:35, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Group,
> I looked at the photos of the Golka coil that Malcolm posted.
>
> Perhaps this is a silly question but I wonder if the efficiency of the
> unit would have been better if the primary coils were higher above the
> ground.  I've read that the earth is a pretty good conductor, and with
> the primary coil being nearly on the ground, it would seem like the
> earth would be like a big shorted turn.  I could see the system
> wasting a lot of energy just heating the dirt inside the coil setup.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Dave

Exactly what I said to Mike in an offlist message. I expect he'll say
something about it onlist. I think that when Robert Golka started
out, he had precious little to go on and his first move was to
replicate as closely as possible what Tesla himself did in order to
get a machine known to work. I expect lots of people start out that
way in many different endeavours.

Malcolm